Do we meet your needs?
EKF can help to:
1) insure you against losses on your international business transactions,
2) provide cover for your foreign buyer so he can borrow money to buy your products,
3) arrange financing while you fill your export order,
4) provide guarantees to your buyer so that choosing you as supplier gives him the best possible security.
EKF can help to:
1) protect you against loss in the event of war/civil war (external armed conflict and domestic political violence), nationalisation or if your company is prevented from trading with, or transferring money out of, the country
2) facilitate financing of your investment with a guarantee for the loan from your bank.
A working capital guarantee from EKF lets you secure a credit facility from your bank.
If you are offering your buyer abroad an extended credit period, EKF will cover the risk that you don't receive the money owed to you. Alternatively, your buyer can borrow money for the order from a bank if EKF issues a guarantee to the bank.
EKF can help to facilitate financing through a bank so your buyer has the means to buy your products.
EKF can insure you against loss if your foreign buyer fails to pay you.
If you are worried about situations such as domestic political violence, national bankruptcy, nationalisation or breach of contract by a public authority abroad, EKF can offer a guarantee to cover these risks.
A guarantee from EKF makes it less risky for your bank to offer security to your customer. EKF also offers a bond guarantee to protect you against loss if your customer draws on your bond without justification.
EKF can protect the customer against loss if you default on your offer and delivery obligations.
A guarantee from EKF will make it possible for your bank to furnish your customer with a guarantee for his advance payments.
EKF can provide you with cover for your loss if the foreign buyer cancels the order without justification.
EKF can insure you against loss on a delivery until you have issued your invoice, in case the customer refuses to accept the products or you are prevented from supplying them.
Your bank has to confirm the letter of credit, but EKF can offer to relieve your bank of a large share of the risk on the foreign bank.
EKF does not grant subsidies or any form of state aid for exports. EKF operates on ordinary commercial terms, and it costs you money to secure a guarantee. Please visit vaekstguiden.dk for information about direct state aid schemes.
As an export credit agency, EKF does not assist with either marketing or export promotion. You can look for marketing and export promotion schemes at vaekstguiden.dk, and obtain useful advice on export promotion schemes from the Danish Trade Council.
EKF can process straightforward applications for guarantees within a few days. More complex applications take longer to process, but we are committed to providing a swift and flexible service. Applications for working capital guarantees and SME guarantees for less than DKK 5 million can be submitted to EKF online by your bank.